Lunch is the one meal that’s always a challenge for me. A fast and easy school lunch idea to try are sandwich wraps. Not only are they the newest trend in lunchbox sandwiches, they’re a great way to get even the pickiest eaters to enjoy a healthy lunch.
Wrap Sandwiches Make Lunch Fun Again
Let your child pick out their own fillings. They can then put together the sandwich together at school. Just be sure to separate each food item to avoid mess.
Then let them wow their friends at the lunch table as they create a sandwich that is uniquely theirs.
What Kind of Flatbread to Use?
There are a variety of breads that you can use for wrap sandwiches.
Here are some flatbread ideas:
- Flatbread – There’s a variety of flavors to choose from – plain, sundried tomato, spinach and whole wheat – to name a few.
- Tortillas – Choose from corn, flour or whole wheat.
- Pita bread – Pitas are great for smaller kids because they keep everything contained for them. Just cut a pita in half. Now you have two nice pockets ready to be filled with all sorts of foods.
Sandwich Wrap Ideas
What’s so cool about sandwich wraps is all the combinations you can create. No worries about the same sandwich twice in a week!
These are a few combinations that you kids might enjoy for their wrap sandwich:
- Chicken breast and tomato
- Roasted turkey and lettuce
- BLT (bacon/lettuce/tomato)
- Mac ‘n cheese and bacon
- Beef strips and veggies
- Bologna and cheese
- Chicken salad
You can cut them small so they are more like pinwheel sandwiches. Or, keep them in two pieces for less mess.
Be sure to place sauces like mayonnaise or salad dressing in a small container to prevent a soggy sandwich. A helpful lunch container that’s perfect for keeping the flatbread and ingredients separate is Rubbermaid’s LunchMate.
There’s Only HOW Many Days Left Until Christmas?